Social Security Disability
All Social Security cases, including SSD, SSI, disabled child, and disabled spouse benefits, are accepted on an industry-standard contingent fee agreement. The fee agreement is set by the Social Security law. Here's how it works:
- When your claim is awarded, the government will issue you a lump-sum payment of past-due benefits reaching back to as early as one year before you filed your claim or six months after the date you are found disabled, whichever is later, or the month after you filed in an SSI claim. The government will withhold my fee from this lump sum.
- My fee is 25% of those retroactive benefits up to a cap defined in the Social Security law, which in 2017 is set at $6000. The fee will be the lesser of $6000 or 25% of your backpay.
- If an appeal is required after the first hearing, the cap of $6000 is removed and the fee is 25% of the backpay regardless of how much it is.
- You pay no fee if your claim is not approved.
- I will not charge you separately for the expenses that I incur in developing your claim. However, you are responsible for the costs of your own medical treatment, such as if your doctor requires a fee for a special examination.
Note that in SSI claims, you may not receive all of your backpay at once due to income and resource rules attached to the program.
I also provide other legal services available dependent on scheduling.
- Traffic defense appearances - $200
- Single appearance for traffic violations under the New York Vehicle and Traffic law
- Includes negotiation of plea arrangement, and/or representation before a town, city, or county justice
- Small business contracts - $250
- Includes drafting and advice about contract for services, joint ventures, and employment.
- Includes one in-person or telephone consultation to discuss the goals of the contract, one in-person review and editing session after drafting, and any telephone or email discussions that are necessary to adequately address all pertinent issues
- Residential leases - $250
- Fully customized leases addressing all of the terms and obligations that you, the landlord, wish to include in your lease
- Includes advice as to the legality of any proposed conditions
- Available to individual landlords, corporate entities, and subletting tenants
- Legal letters - $125
- One to three page letters addressing a single legal issue, signed by the attorney
- Consultation to determine the client's legal standing on the issue
- Review and finalize by email
- Per diem court appearances - contact me for rates
Other services may be available by specific request.
This page is an attorney advertisement. No attorney-client relationship is created by this page or by any email inquiry. Information presented on this site is not intended as legal advice. Consult an attorney in-person or by telephone before making any legal decisions based on information you find online.
All matters require written confirmation of representation.